S&P and NASDAQ up six the last seven trading days
The major US indices are opening higher with the S&P and NASDAQ making new all-time intraday highs.
The S&P closed at a record level for the 52nd time in 2021 on Friday. The NASDAQ index closed at a record high level for the 31st time on Friday.
The S&P and NASDAQ are up for the seventh time in eight days. The Dow industrial average is up for the six time in seven days.
A snapshot of the market currently shows:
- Dow up 33 points or 0.09% at 35490 point to zero
- S&P index up 10.1 points or 0.23% 4519.55
- NASDAQ up 46.98 points or 0.3% at 15175.02
a look around other markets as stock trading gets underway shows:
- Spot gold is trading down $3.30 or -0.18% 1813.33.
- Spot silver is up seven cents or 0.26% at $24.06.
- WTI crude oil futures are down $0.15 for -0.28% at $68.53
In the US debt market, yields have moved from being marginally higher to marginally lower. The benchmark 10 year yield is trading down -0.5 basis points at 1.307%.